This disused sandstone quarry lies in Lower Haughton close to Arden Bridge over the river Tame. A map of 1848 shows that this quarry was being worked at this time.
There was another sandstone quarry in Haughton Green, situated on the west side of Haughton Green Road a short distance south west of the Clarke's Arms (subsequently The Top House and then, briefly, a convenience store).
|Sandstone Quarry, 1 March 2009.||Sandstone Quarry, 1 March 2009.|
Row of cottages by Arden Weir across the river Tame in Lower Haughton, c.1900.
These stone-built cottages were provided for quarrymen working in the sandstone quarry and the datestone in the centre of the row shows that they were built in 1868.
|Row of cottages in Lower Haughton, 9 January 1950.|