This drawing shows the hall with the original Red Hall Methodist Chapel (built 1782) in the background. The hall was built in 1672 and both buildings were demolished in 1876 to make way for the construction of Audenshaw Reservoirs. Their location was on the site for Audenshaw Reservoir No. 1.
Shepley Hall & Shepley Hall Farm
Both buildings were on the north side of Shepley Road, Hooley Hill. In this view the hall is on the right and the later Shepley Hall Farm is on the left. Originally, the hall was the home of the Shepley family followed by the Assheton family. In the early 20th century Henry Williams was resident at the hall and John Massey was resident at the farm. In 1939 the farmer was Benjamin Alderson Phillips. The Shepley Industrial Estate now stands on the site of these buildings.
Shepley Road Methodist New Connexion Church
& School, Hooley Hill, early 20th century
The church was on the south side of Shepley Road and this view is from the corner of Cartwright Street. The church is on the right and the associated school is on the left. This church was founded in 1858 and it closed in 1962. In 1907 the Methodist New Connexion merged with the Bible Christian Church and the United Free Church to form the United Methodist Church.
This hall stood on the south side of Audenshaw Road at its junction with Manchester Road. The hall was built in c.1877 and it was demolished in the 1960s. By 1901 it was the residence of Rupert Mason J.P. who was the son of Hugh Mason, a cotton mill owner and social reformer of Ashton-under-Lyne.
This house stood on the south side of Manchester Road next to Audenshaw Hall and opposite the entrance to Ashton Hill Lane. By 1939 Frederick Carrington Wilcock, a leather belting manufacturer, was the resident. The Fairfield Arms now stands on the site.
This house stood on the south side of Manchester Road between Fairfield House and Stanley House. By 1901 Joseph Hadwen J.P. was the resident but he died in the same year and the house was put up for sale. This view shows the Droylsden Prize Reed Band in front of the house.
This hall stood on the north side of Corn Hill Lane almost opposite Debdale Farm. By 1939 it was the residence of Alfred Wilson and his wife, Clara née Jones. Alfred was a director of Joseph Wilson & Sons Ltd, hat manufacturers of Denton.
Guide Bridge Station, late 1970s
View looking west showing the southern platforms and office building. Platform 3 is on the right and Platform 4 is on the left.
Guide Bridge Station, 1980
Office building viewed from the south.
Railway Goods Warehouse, late 1970s
This warehouse stood on the west side of Guide Lane, opposite Guide Bridge Station.