This selection of non-listed buildings in Audenshaw represents a larger number of noteworthy buildings.
Guide Lane Wesleyan Methodist Chapel,
early 20th century
This chapel was founded on Guide Lane, Hooley Hill, in 1807 and in 1864 it was rebuilt. In 2004 it was closed when it amalgamated with Red Hall Chapel and Audenshaw United Reformed Church to form Trinity Methodist Church accommodated in the Red Hall Chapel on Audenshaw Road.
The architect for the Guide Lane Chapel was Edward Salomons of Manchester and the contractor was George Thompson of Dukinfield.
Guide Lane Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, c.1970.
Audenshaw United Reformed Church
This church was founded at Hooley Hill in 1875 as Bridge Street United Reformed Church. In 2004 it was closed when it amalgamated with Red Hall Chapel and Guide Lane Wesleyan Methodist Chapel to form Trinity Methodist Church accommodated in the Red Hall Chapel on Audenshaw Road.
The building is on the corner of Mount Pleasant Street and Bridge Street and the entrance is on Mount Pleasant Street.
St Hilda's Church
This church is on Denton Road close to the Audenshaw/Denton boundary. This is the second church on the site as the first, built in 1924, was destroyed by fire in 1936.
The foundation stone for this church was laid by the Rt Revd Dr F S Guy Warman, Bishop of Manchester, on the 29 May 1937 and it was consecrated on the 26 Feb 1938.
This lodge is on Cemetery Road, off Shepley Road, Hooley Hill, and the cemetery opened in 1905.
The architects for the Cemetery Chapel (no longer extant) were T George & Son of Stamford Street, Ashton-under-Lyne, the partners being Thomas and William Henry George. The chapel and lodge were both of stone construction and they were in close proximity. Because of this it is possible that these architects designed the lodge as well as the chapel.
Cemetery Chapel, c.1950
This building is longer extant.
The Mount, early 20th century
This house is situated on the north side of Shepley Road, Hooley Hill. In the early years of the 20th century it was the residence of Thomas Thorley, a hat galloon (hat trimmings) manufacturer. It is now a guest house.
This house stands on the south side of Manchester Road about 300 yards from the boundary with Droylsden. It is now the Stanley House Masonic Hall and Stanley House Function Rooms.
Guide Bridge Railway Station
This station is on Guide Lane. It was built by the Sheffield, Ashton-under-Lyne and Manchester Railway Co on its new line between Manchester and Sheffield. It opened as Ashton and Hooley Hill Station on the 11 November 1841 when the line was opened to Godley Toll Bar Station. It was renamed Ashton Station in February 1842 and lastly it became Guide Bridge Station on the 14 July 1845 when the line was opened to Sheffield.
This 19th century public house is on Guide Lane, Hooley Hill. Following its closure it re-opened as the Hooley Hill Convenience Store.
This public house is on Guide Lane, Hooley Hill, and it opened in 1894.
Hanging Gate Inn
This 19th century public house is on the south side of Audenshaw Road, between Greenfield Street and Groby Road.
Old Pack Horse
This 19th century public house is on Guide Lane, Hooley Hill. It once stood at the intersection of Guide Lane, Stamford Road and Denton Road but it has been affected by road re-alignment.
This 19th century public house is on Audenshaw Road at the centre of Guide Bridge. It stands on an historic Parliamentary and Municipal Borough Boundary. As viewed, the left-hand end is in Audenshaw and the right-hand end is in Ashton-under-Lyne.
This 19th century public house is on Denton Road on the corner of Stanhope Street. The building is still extant but it is no longer a public house.
Snipe Inn, 1920s
This public house is on the north side of Manchester Road and it is the second building on the site. The inn is a short distance to the east of the junction of Droylsden Road with Manchester Road. It stands on the former Manchester & Ashton-under-Lyne Turnpike that was constructed in 1825 (6 Geo. IV Cap. 51) and the Snipe Inn Toll Bar stood across the road beside the inn.
Behind the inn was Audenshaw Racecourse (c.1919-c.1935) used for harness racing (trotting/pacing), greyhound and speedway (dirt track) over the years.
Blue Pig, 1930s
This public house is on the north side of Audenshaw Road opposite Audenshaw Reservoirs. It is the second building on the site, the first, dating from the 18th century, survived into the early 20th century.
It was affected by road re-alignment when the M60 Motorway was constructed and it is now closed and derelict.